Tuesday, July 24, 2007,10:01 AM
subho janmodin
Chhanda I am writing this letter to you
From a Manhattan pub and its 12:52
They’ve switched off the music
And they are washing the glass…
Got to turn back to my hotel..

There are so many things that I want to say
Now that I have come so far away
All the wrong things I have done and
All the wrong things I’ve said
But do u need me today…..

And I want to ask u how things are at home
Whether u missed me, what u cooked yesterday
But this napkin’s too small to fit in all that
And they have shut down the main

Outside the broadway its cold and its blue
And my pocket is as beauty as the soles of my shoe
I wished I could stay here and talked about u
To the old man behind the bar…

I wish I could tell u of the lady next to me
Wish I could write a fancy poetry
But all I have written the passed half an hour
Was a letter Happy Birthday to u..

I am sorry to be such a aweful old man
I wish I could make u understand
But since I am so far..far away from u
A letter Happy Birthday to u..


Chhanda eei chithi ta likhchi tomay
Ekta manhattan bar theke raat barotay
Ora nibhiye dichhe alo…tule felche gelash
Abar sei sostar hotel..

Aj onek kichu bolte chaichi tomay
Boshe eei sudur America e
Rojkar sei ek gheye mitthe kotha noy
Moner bhetor theke…


Ichhe kore jante kaadche ki mon
Ki korche amar kolkata akhon
Kintu napkin ta boroe choto eei dokane
Ar pen er kali furiye geche..
Baire broadway dhoyasha e bheja
Bheja amar chera jutor suktola ta


Ar pocket eeo matro dollar chhota
Ei whiskey tao furiye geche…
Ami jani ami lokta subidher noi..
Sob chere chure ghure berai bidesh bibhui


Tobe napkin ta ami aj post korboi
Nesha kete jawar agey..
Ichhe chilo lekhar tomay onek kotha
Boro soro mane wala kobita
Kintu ghonta khanek dhore
Sudhu ektai kotha likhechi
Happy Birth day to u..

 
posted by superior hanus | Permalink |


2 Comments: